Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Spring salad with Carrots and Cukes


Days are getting brighter and warmer here.The first thing I do in the morning is to open my patio blinds. I know I can't open the door , I can't step out. Still I do this every morning. Hubby would be asking me " There is nothing other than the bald trees and I wonder what you are seeing every day? "I don't know. I will stand near the patio door and see the outside world, the so called bald trees and parked vehicles and some sky . This is what I see pretty much every day.But I feel very happy when i do this. I feel like life is back when I see Sun.  Now this week , I'm seeing some buds on those bald trees . I'm all happy feet to go out and enjoy my nature walk, soon.

 It's been a long since i shared a recipe here. I kind of lost my rhythm I guess and wonder what to write. Hope to improve soon. Till then bear with me.



My sonshine loves salads and today he will be early from school. These are the days I get to feed him enough veggies and now you know why I'm making this.

This is a simple salad with available fresh produce. You can add and subtract veggies based on your choice. Most of the time I go with mix and match of veggies and nuts to make it interesting  with  some crunch in every bite.


Ingredients:

Carrots ......................... 2 medium
Cucumber ..................... 2
Lettuce .......................... 1 head
Dried Cranberries............. a handful
Toasted sesame seeds....... 1 tbsp (optional)
Salt .................................. to taste
Pepper ............................ to taste
Lime ................................ juice 1 tsp
Olive oil ............................ 1 1/2 tsp
Tahini ............................... 1 tsp


Method:

Wash and prep the veggies.
I have chopped them as disks .
Throw in all the veggies along with cranberries in a wide mixing bowl.
In a small bowl , whisk together oil, lime juice, salt , pepper. Stir in tahini.
Pour this dressing over the salad.
Top it off with toasted sesame seeds if using .
Serve immediately.

Note:

Mix the dressing just before serving , otherwise the salad becomes soggy.
You can add toasted almonds / crushed roasted peanuts .
You can use orange juice in the place of lime to make variation.










4 comments:

  1. Welcome back my darling❤️!!! I have been looking forward to summer as well. The posts and pictures are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful article,..
    I really like it,.
    spice rubs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This background is super fab!!! And what a simple salad to come back with a bang! Welcome...

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your valuable comments!