Friday, November 7, 2014

Home made Spiced Hot Chocolate Mix

As the days are getting colder and colder, you might want to warm yourself with a warm drink. You might settle down with  a freshly brewed coffee or masala Chai.But there are few like me, who doesn't take coffee or tea.I have found something interesting and healthy way for that. Will soon share with you all.But for kids, the unanimous choice will be hot chocolate.


When lots of ready made stuffs are there in the market, you might ask me,'Why Homemade?'. The answer is Most of the store bought ready mix comes with High Fructose Corn syrup which is not recommended.Often, my son would demand me to get one, but I would say a big no.With all my trials and errors ,here I landed up, with my own mix.



Keeping cold weather in mind, I have added some spices that makes a soothing drink with a wonderful flavor. Gave this milk to my kiddo with my fingers crossed.He just loved it and innocently said 'Yummy ! Finally you bought me one?'. This happy mom shares her recipe with you all.




Ingredients


Powdered Sugar ........................... 1/2 cup
Unsweetened Cocoa .................... 1/4 cup
Corn Starch ................................ 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder ........................ 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg Powder ......................... 1/4 tsp
Ginger Powder ........................ 1/2 tsp

Method


Sift everything together and store in a airtight container.



To make hot chocolate, add 1.5 tsp spice chocolate mix to hot milk and stir well.

Note

You can increase the amount of cocoa and sugar and play around with spices to suit your taste buds.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome will definitely try this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I bet it's more economical to make your own too, and of course so much better for you-- perfect timing, it's just starting to be that time of year! Thanks for sharing, happy Fiesta Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your valuable comments!