Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Kaju Katli | Cashew Fudge

Welcoming the year 2015 with you all.


While food is often associated with six basic tastes to satisfy the taste buds completely, there is always a sentiment to share sweets on special occasions.I'm not an exception too. Starting off with a simple sweet for this year.



2014 has been a memorable one, started my blog, met so many enthusiastic friends and  above all it was an year of learning for me. I hope the same continues and I push myself to reach my goals.



Now , coming to the recipe,This is a soft fudge very popular in India and just melts in your mouth. This is an easy peasy dessert that can be made in a jiffy with very minimal effort.The texture can be smooth or a bit grainy , you can make your choice. But I prefer mine little grainy so that I feel the texture in every bite of it.

Ingredients

Cashew Nuts ( coarsely ground ) .......................... 1 cup
Sugar ................................................................. 1/2 cup
Water................................................................... 3 tbsp
Rose water .......................................................... 1/2 tsp (optional)

Method

  1. Take the whole cashews and pulse few times to desired consistency ( try not to release the oil from it)
  2. Mix sugar and water in a wide pan and heat gently until the sugar dissolves completely.
  3. Now add the ground cashews and stir well in medium low heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until the cashews form a mass(dough).
  4. Transfer the  dough to a greased plate and gently knead to make smooth dough.
  5. Now line your rolling board with parchment paper / butter paper and transfer the dough gently .
  6. Place another parchment paper on the top and roll with a rolling pin gently.
  7. Cut them into desired shape.







4 comments:

  1. nice start to the year.. looks yum! happy new year to u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazng Kaju katlis.. These are all time Fav. with my Family. We fight over each one whenever we get ome a box full of them from store. will certainly try your way to make them..:)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your valuable comments!