Monday, August 24, 2015

Peach , Basil, Oats Breakfast Smoothie

I'm a big breakfast girl. Healthy, filling and non oily is my choice.I try to stay close to my roots as much as possible.I can't imagine skipping my breakfast. I might faint thinking about food rather.At times I would go for a lighter version too.



Summer is the only time for North East people to come out and be with Nature, I wouldn't miss one such opportunity.From beaches to road trips, Hiking to picking , I'm ready for everything. I rather wait eagerly for this season. Recently we had been to Tougas Farm for Peaches. Along with picking the fruits , the wagon ride and walking through the fields makes it an experience.



This time I had a sneak peak at the pumpkin patches too. Green fields with small yellow pumpkins here and there waiting to be picked up is a sight to see.But those pumpkins reminded me of Fall though.



Now you know that I have to use those juicy peaches. This is a super quick recipe yet again. gather everything, blitz and enjoy.This is a grab and go kind of breakfast.Also you can think of it as an after gym drink to energize yourself or after school drink for kids.






Ingredients

Peaches ............................ 4 , fully ripen
Basil leaves......................fresh, handfull
Oats / oatmeal .............. 2 to 3 tbsp , quick / rolled oats
Wheat Germ........................ 1 tbsp, optional
Plain yogurt / Fresh curd ..... 1/4 cup
Ice Cold Water .................... 1/4 cup
Sugar / Honey ..................... to taste , if needed

Method

Wash and peel the peaches.
Gather everything in a blender and blitz.








4 comments:

  1. What a capture Suji!! Loved the peach and smootie shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love breakfasts too and smoothies are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Meeta for your comments.I'm super energized now to hear from you.

      Delete

I look forward to your valuable comments!