Thursday, August 13, 2015

Strawberry Vanilla Milk Shake



Happy to be back from another short trip. The best part is the fun and excitement to be with nature. Though we've visited Niagara couple times, this one is special as we chose to visit Grape Vineyards along with some beautiful lakes. And should i need to tell you about the not so good part .... nothing but unpacking and laundry, etc. I always wonder why does it take time to get back to the routine i'm following everyday ? Laziness , lack of energy etc .... How to get back that energy . Do something you love the most.




A quick thought flashed, to shoot something which I'm loving these days the most. After I opened I realized there aren't much veggies and fruits in the refrigerator. But I still wanted to shoot something.That's when my eyes fell on the strawberries. I had picked lots this summer and stored some in the freezer. That's it ! There is one more reason behind this drink.It's the cute little patterned  bottle I had picked up recently.



Here in my part of the world  Pink is for girls and Blue is for boys. Growing up in India , I don't remember any such color concept. All my dresses were rich and vibrant colors. Even then I had a craze on baby pink  and peach. I'm not sure why . The color craze continued in food and drinks too. Rose milk tops that list even after Dad repeatedly telling me about colors and preservatives etc. After coming here I have never bought those , can't figure out why .



Today I think that craze is back and I decided to enjoy creamy , luscious and cool milk shake to quench the thirst of color.This time I know Dad can't find reasons to stop me.I'm not sure how many times I'm going to make this may be till no more strawberries in the freezer.



Ingredients 

Strawberries ........................... 1/2 cup fresh / frozen
Whole milk ............................. 1 1/2 cups, chilled
Sugar / honey ......................... to taste
Light Cream ...........................  2 tbsp
Vanilla Extract ...................... 1/4 tsp (optional)
Ice Cubes ............................... few

Method

There is no rocket science, throw everything in a blender jar , blitz . Enjoy !!









No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your valuable comments!