Thursday, April 3, 2014

Red Gram Dosai | Toor Dal Dosai

Across Tamil Nadu Dosai is a staple breakfast item.Be it a child or an adult,no one can say no for this.I'm not an exception too.


After I completed my Higher studies,I was staying with my Chithi (My mom's sister) for a couple of months.That was the first time I was away from my home. But thanks to my Latha Chithi who took care of me so nicely and I owe to her for so many nice dishes I enjoyed with her.


This is one of the recipe I learned from her. Nice golden color with a distinct taste is the specialty of this dosa.Happy that my morning breakfast is more healthier with this dosa and some chutney.



 

Ingredients


Idly rice  .................................... 3 cups ( 4 cups if you gave a very good urad)
Urad dal .................................... 1 cup
Red gram | Toor dal ...................  3/4 cup
Salt ............................................  to taste ( I used 3 tsp)

Method


  • Wash and soak rice and toor dal together for 5 to 6 hrs
  • Wash and soak Urad for separately for 4 hrs.
  • Grind urad dal first by adding little water at a time.
  • The batter has to be light and fluffy.(It took 35 min for me)
  • Transfer it into a container.
  • Grind rice and toor dal together until nice and smooth.(It took 25 min for me)
  • Now mix both urad and rice batter and add salt and mix well.
  • Transfer it to a container which has enough room for fermentation.
  • Cover tightly and let it ferment for 6 hours.
  • Then make dosa as usual.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your valuable comments!