Friday, May 30, 2014

Melon and lemon chiller

Here, the heat is picking up slowly and I felt like wanted to have something light and quick to hydrate my body after breakfast.What else other than a perfect thirst quenching drink could help me ? So made this melon and lemon chiller and enjoyed every sip of it .


Water melon is my favorite summer time fruit.I like to pair it with mint and lemon. That's how this juice was born.

 
Here I have used a bit of grated beetroot also for the nice color and health benefit also. With fresh mint , lemon and a hint of ginger, it was a complete medley of different flavors dancing on my palette.







Having said that, lets quickly get to the recipe .

Ingredients


Water melon ....................  2 1/2 cups , cubed
Beet root ........................ 1 tsp, grated(optional)
Ginger ............................. 1/4 tsp grated
Honey ............................. to taste
Mint leaves....................  7
Lemon juice................... from half of a lemon
Water ......................... 3/4 cup 

Method


Just blend everything , chill and enjoy .




14 comments:

  1. This looks so good..super easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so refreshing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100% my kind of recipe with the added beetroot for color. That's what I do with everything -- try to kick up the color. But aren't melons the best? So juicy and sweet and hydrating, like you say. Thank you so much for bringing to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so good, and the color is just gorgeous. Beautiful pics!

    - Anjana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so like such cocktails! Refreshing, healthy and tasty! Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your cocktail looks amazing and so do the glass.
    Can i know what brand are the big glasses please???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got this from TJMaxx but for got the brand name .

      Delete
  7. your cocktails looks amazing
    can i know what brand are the big glasses in this picture please???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous color and clicks.. this is one of the best chiller for summer..

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your valuable comments!