Friday, May 16, 2014

Pineapple and Ginger Cooler

With humidity hitting its peak , I get to sweat .I'm not sure if anyone can feel happy about that. But I'm very happy that my body is getting all cleansed . But you might be thinking why am I so excited about it. Yes, staying in Boston, very rarely we get this opportunity.


With a fully ripen pineapple was waiting in my counter top to be used off, I came up with an idea of making a thirst quencher.


I also like to use ginger a lot  because during summer we might loose our appetite often.And ginger along with fresh mint will help to regain a proper appetite.



With simple and limited ingredients , here comes my yummy thirst quencher.


Ingredients


Fresh cut pineapple ........................ 2 cups
Fresh Mint ...................................... Hand ful
Ginger ............................................. 1 inch , peeled
Sugar .............................................. 1/4 cup ( adjust according to the sweetness from the fruit)
Some ice cubes

Method 


  1. Add sugar with 1/2 cup water in a pan.
  2. Add  10 mint leaves and grated ginger.
  3. Bring the sugar and water to a slow boil to make a thin syrup.
  4. Take off from the heat and allow it to cool.
  5. Take pineapple pieces in the blender jar.
  6. Add some water and blend it completely.
  7. Now mix the pineapple juice with sugar syrup.
  8. Mix thoroughly and strain.
  9. Take tall serving glasses and add few mint leaves and muddle .
  10. Add some ice cubes and the prepared juice.
  11. Top it up with some more mint leaves.
Serve immediately .

9 comments:

  1. This looks very refreshing and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how ginger tastes like, but I've been seing it a lot (along with cinnemon) od Fiesta Friday's so I think I will try it.. This looks refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sujatha! This looks so refreshing with the mint and that glorious pineapple yellow too. Enjoy the weather - it just makes everything so much better! Happy Fiesta to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful presentation! I love the pineapple bits on top. The drink sounds so refreshing as well, perfect for the warmer weather we have coming up. Thanks for brining it to the fiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so refreshing and pretty. I wouldn't mind having a glassful right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your valuable comments!